Sunday, December 28, 2008

Snowmen

Revealing the weaknesses of a less than comprehensively researched list of annual highlights (and reasons for not having been asked to compile one), I was heartened to see the new Snowman album, The Horse, The Rat and The Swan end up on multiple end of year lists, not least of all several contributors to Pitchfork - sufficient for it to make the Honourable Mentions, although surprisingly not the top 50, given the widespread kudos on the site. It also topped the Mess + Noise critics' list, registering second on the readers' list.
Speaking of which, I noticed there was only one lady amongst M+N's critics. Scandalous. Thought I might make it among my goals to contribute next year to the site. Also to hear the Snowman album. And, in an annual feature on my resolutions list, sustaining a regular radio program (hello Gary Seven).

In theme, here is an image of a misunderstood snowman from a 1927 postcard:

No comments: